Being injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or unlawful actions can be devastating and life-changing. If you have been injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another in or around Hoboken, New Jersey, you may be entitled to compensation.
The Reinartz Law Firm is a Hudson County personal injury law firm that will aggressively pursue your case and seek the compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Claims in Hoboken, NJ
With over 50,000 residents living in an urban setting of approximately one square mile, personal injury accidents are common in Hoboken, New Jersey.
Some examples of personal injury incidents occurring in Hoboken are trips and falls, pedestrian accidents, motor vehicle accidents and alcohol-related incidents. If you’ve been the victim of someone else’s negligence in or around Hoboken, or the Hudson County area, you should immediately seek legal counsel.
An injury can cause permanent physical disability, emotional distress, and financial strain. Under the law, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and more. Our legal team will ensure that your case is handled in a professional manner, and will pursue the maximum possible monetary recovery against all negligent parties who caused your injuries.
The most common causes of injury in Hoboken include:
- Car Accident Injury - Car accidents are one of the leading causes of serious injury in Hoboken. A large amount of traffic in Hoboken exists due to its proximity to New York City. With nearly 20,000 car accidents reported in Hudson County in 2019, the number of injuries are substantial.
- Slip & Fall Injury - Slip and Fall cases fall under premises liability law. Property owners have an obligation to keep their properties free from hazards that can cause injury. When someone is injured through no fault of their own on someone else's property they may be eligible for compensation.
- Workplace Injury - Injuries sustained while on the job are also prevalent in Hoboken. From construction accidents to occupational diseases, New Jersey employees are covered under workers' compensation insurance which guarantees their rights to compensation for their injuries. In some cases, injured workers can seek additional compensation from their employers.
- Pedestrian Accidents Hoboken sees a very large population of pedestrian activity with foot traffic to and from the PATH train and along major roadways. Pedestrian accidents occur all the time and, when they do, often cause major injury.
What Can You Be Compensated For?
As a plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit, you can look to recover damages from the defendant. This can take many forms but typically consists of:
- Medical Bills - Most injuries will require medical attention and medical bills can accumulate quickly. Injured parties can seek compensation for those medical expenses which may include doctor visits, emergency care, hospitalization, and any other medical expense directly related to the injuries. Victims can also seek to recover costs related to future medical care they will need as a result of their injuries.
- Lost Wages - Injured individuals may seek compensation for lost wages caused by their injuries, as well as future lost wages if the injuries prevent them from returning to gainful employment.
- Pain and Suffering - Damages for past, present and future pain and suffering can also be sought against a defendant.
About The Reinartz Law Firm
The Reinartz Law Firm is a New Jersey personal injury law firm committed to helping wrongfully injured people obtain fair and just compensation for their injuries, even when up against the largest of corporate defendants.
With years of courtroom experience and in-depth knowledge of personal injury law, our lawyers will work tirelessly on your behalf. Our firm’s size allows us to provide clients sophisticated legal services with a personalized touch. We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency basis meaning clients pay no fee unless we win their case.
If you have been seriously injured and need legal representation in a personal injury case, contact The Reinartz Law Firm. Our offices are conveniently located in New Jersey and New York City.