Why Choose Reinartz Law Firm
Before founding and managing the Reinartz Law Firm, Richard Reinartz spent over a decade as a trial lawyer for two of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the United States.
Richard brings a unique perspective to the bargaining table due to his years of experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in high-stakes multi-party litigation.
Having extensive experience championing injured persons, insurance companies, and Fortune 500 Corporations, Richard knows how each side of the story will argue for their point of view.
Richard’s accolades include:
- AV Preeminent®, by Martindale-Hubbell, is considered the gold standard in attorney ratings.
- Life member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, whose membership is limited to trial lawyers who’ve obtained settlements or judgments in excess of $1 million
- Since 2010, the Super Lawyers independent list has consistently selected Richard for attaining a high level of peer recognition and achievement (a distinction given to less than 5 percent of all licensed attorneys in New Jersey)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New Jersey, an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state or region who meet stringent qualifications.
Richard’s community service includes:
- Providing pro bono legal services to the Newark Reentry Legal Services organization addressing civil legal issues that prevent barriers to successful community reintegration
- Providing pro bono legal services to Wills for Heroes program administering estate and trust planning for first responders, EMTs, police and fire department personnel, and their families
- Educating and lecturing other attorneys on various topics for continuing legal education programs
While serving the Hackensack, New Jersey area, Richard holds licenses to practice law in New Jersey and New York, in addition to various appellate courts, including the United States Supreme Court.
You can find Richard involved in all the day-to-day handling of the case-building process, creating a hands-on and attentive approach to recover and take back your life as quickly as possible.
Thomas McKinney, the other lead counsel at Reinartz Law Firm, is an employment lawyer specializing in work and sexual harassment, discrimination, wage and hour laws violations, and whistleblower claims.
Thomas’s accolades include:
- Super Lawyer Rising Star – a distinction awarded to only 2.5 percent of attorneys in New Jersey
- Selected to the Top 40 Under 40 Trial attorneys in New Jersey
- $15 million obtained in trial victories, judgments, and settlements
- Proud member of the Employment Lawyer Network
Thomas is licensed to practice law in New Jersey, New York, Third Circuit Court of Appeals, Southern District of New York, and Eastern District of New York.
You need someone talented on your side that can take the burden of proof off your shoulders and allow you to start healing.
We understand you’re exhausted, frustrated, and overwhelmed by the process. And most days, you feel all alone because no one gets what you’re going through!
You have to be honest with yourself: you’re not the best person to fight for your rights. Yes, you have talents and abilities, but are you a skilled personal injury lawyer who understands how to navigate the legal process?
At Reinartz Law Firm, having your back, recovering your life, and winning settlements and cases when you or your family are hurt is their specialty.
You no longer have to go it alone, so call us for your free, no-obligation consultation today.
We can conduct consultations over the phone, in person, or by video conference to accommodate your needs and meet you where you’re most comfortable.
Reinartz Law Firm Settlements & Judgements
While the following cases represent settlements and judgments won, they don’t necessarily mean your compensation will match theirs.
- $1,320,000 Slip and fall in a residential apartment building
- $575,000 Fall Down A Negligently Maintained Commercial Staircase
- $575,000 Fall Down On Snow And Ice On Front Steps Of Condo Complex
Motor Vehicle Accident
- $400,000 MVA Resulting In Herniated Discs
- $375,000 Injury To Motorist Caused By Street Racers
- $335,000 Trucking Accident Resulting In Shoulder Injury
Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy Limits
- $200,000 MVA Involving Spinal Injuries
- $300,000 Hand Injury Caused By Defectively Design Industrial Equipment
- $110,000 Finger Tip Amputation On Negligently Maintained Industrial Equipment
- $325,000 Medical Malpractice Involving Negligently Performed Bunion Surgery
Areas of Expertise at Reinartz Law Firm
The personal injury lawyers at Reinartz Law Firm focus our practice on:
- Motor vehicle accidents, which include truck, motorcycle, boating, bicycle, and pedestrian injuries.
- Wrongful death cases, which address the untimely traumatic loss of a loved one due to negligent behavior resulting from a motor vehicle accident, work mishap, or medical error.
- Medical Malpractice, which occurs when medical personnel deviate from the acceptable standard of care and harm or injure their patient.
- Workers’ Compensation, which mandates that all employers insure their employees against workplace accidents
Types of Injury Claims the Reinartz Law Firm Helps With
Motor vehicle claims include:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Uninsured or underinsured motorists
- Boat accidents
- Passenger accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Hazardous roadways
- Bus accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
Wrongful death claims include:
Medical malpractice claims include:
- Diagnostic errors
- Nursing home negligence
- Surgical mistakes/errors
- Negligent care
- Errors related to Anesthesia
- Obstetrical and delivery errors
- Medication mistakes
- Reckless behavior by the medical provider
- Emergency room oversights
- Urgent care clinic errors
- Out/Patient clinic/ambulatory care center problems
- Orthopedic medical malpractice
- Administrative mistakes
Pedestrian accident claims include:
- Traumatic brain Injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Head and neck trauma
- Pelvic fractures
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Loss of limb
- Road rash
- Soft tissue damage
Workers’ compensation claims include:
Negotiating With Insurance Companies
Your first instinct is to call the at-fault party’s insurance company to claim damages. And yes, they may return your call in a few days; however, the reality is insurance adjusters will do their best to settle below what you’re owed for your property damage and injuries because they’re in the business of making money.
An insurance adjuster will go out of their way to make you believe you’re getting a fair and just deal. Don’t buy it! Insurance companies have an army of attorneys that fight against paying out large settlements—making it 100 percent necessary to oppose them with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Lastly, insurance companies may request a recorded statement and tell you it’s mandatory to recover compensation. Know that New Jersey state law does not require recorded statements. Insurance companies employ this tactic against you when settling your claim.
Know your rights and always reach out to our personal injury lawyers first. We are in a better position to negotiate for you and will, in most cases, settle your claim for more compensation than you could on your own.
Award Winning Firm
What to Do After an Accident
After you seek medical attention, keep any medical documentation from your treatment—including diagnoses, treatment plans, and medication requirements. It’s also a good idea to keep a journal documenting the details of your recovery, including all medical expenses, lost wages, and depleted finances.
In the case of a car accident, be sure to obtain a copy of the police report if you haven’t received one yet. The police report contains vital details of the accident, like the names of the parties involved, their insurance companies, and the attending officers’ observations of the accident site.
As you’ve discovered, it’s best to have your lawyer handle all insurance company communication, including contacting your insurance company, even if you’re not at fault.
And lastly, do not share any details of your accident on social media, as insurance companies can use that against you. You can keep photos documenting your recovery and showing any property damage at the accident scene to reference for your personal injury attorney only.
When you hand in your documentation to your legal team at Reinartz Law Firm, we’ll also advise you, specific to your case, what not to do.
Ready to Hire a New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyer?
You can trust the expert team of professional lawyers at the Reinartz Law Firm to have your back—ending the feeling of being all alone in this battle.
The main goal at the Reinartz Law Firm is to get you back on track so you can put the accident behind you, recover your life, and heal from your pain in peace.
Haven’t you been through enough?
Representation of multiple claimants in class settlement of COVID-related nursing home claims against State of NJ
Represented client in multi-party consolidated action resulting in confidential class settlement
slip and fall in a residential apartment building
motor vehicle accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
motor vehicle accident
The following are some of the recent case results achieved by the firm. Please note that prior case results do not guarantee the same or similar results in other matters.
Why Choose The Reinartz Law Firm
"Richard guided me in my suit and made me feel confident in my decisions during my entire case. He made recommendations that I otherwise, would not have known about."
"I can't say enough of how happy I was working with Reinartz Law Firm. Rich handled a case for me in the most expeditious and professional manner. He kept me informed, step-by-step, which took a lot of the stress out of my case for me personally. Rich is honest, kind and I would recommend him to anyone requiring legal services."
"Great service, efficient communication and a really easy to reach for any help and support along the process. He was very proactive and anticipated all my concerns. Always having my best interest at heart and found the best outcome for me. I would definitely use Reinartz services again, and recommend them. Excellent customer service at Reinartz Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers! Thank you for the amazing support!"