Spinal injuries happen in different ways, and many injuries stem from accidents due to the negligence of other parties. If someone else caused your injuries, you have important legal rights to seek relief from liable parties. You should discuss your options for compensation with a New Jersey spinal injury lawyer immediately.
Reinartz Law Firm represents clients with severe and life-changing injuries from preventable accidents. We know how complex these claims can be, as you might need ongoing medical treatment and care for years. Our legal team fights for the full compensation you deserve to ensure you obtain justice and have the proper financial support moving forward.
You should never have to cover the costs of an injury when someone else is responsible. However, fighting against insurance companies and adverse parties is an uphill battle in most situations, and there is too much at stake to even try to handle this process on your own.
Never risk losing any compensation you deserve for your spinal injuries. Speak with Reinartz Law Firm about your situation today.
Trusted Representation for Spinal Injury Victims
Our law firm has experience obtaining high-value settlements for seriously injured clients.
We handle many claims stemming from accidents that result in spinal injuries, and some of our past results include:
- $1,320,000 for a victim of a slip and fall in an apartment complex
- $575,000 for a client who fell down a commercial staircase
- $550,000 for a spinal injury from a construction accident
- $400,000 for herniated discs from a motor vehicle accident
- $235,000 for a slip and fall on an icy church parking lot
- $200,000 for spinal injuries from a car crash
These are only a few examples of case results that demonstrate our dedication to our injured clients. While past results are never a guarantee of future cases, they demonstrate that our firm has the resources and tenacity to fight for significant compensation for our clients.
You can read more from our satisfied clients here, and never wait to contact our office and schedule a free case evaluation about a potential claim. Consultations are no-cost, with no obligation to move forward with our firm. We look forward to hearing from you.
Causes of Spinal Injuries in New Jersey
Around 17,700 people suffer spinal cord injuries across the country each year. Many of these injury victims require extensive treatment and might never return to the same lives they once enjoyed. This spinal trauma and resulting injuries stem from many causes.
Our firm handles man cases stemming from the negligence or intentional conduct of others, including:
- Motor vehicle crashes. Many serious traffic crashes can cause spinal trauma, including car, truck, pedestrian, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents. Negligent drivers are often to blame for these injuries.
- Workplace accidents. Spinal injuries can happen on the job, including on construction sites and in delivery vehicles. Your injury claim might involve workers’ comp benefits, third-party claims, and other issues after a work injury.
- Premises liability accidents. Falls often happen due to hazards in New Jersey stores like Stop & Shop or other businesses. While a slip and fall injuries might not seem serious, it can result in a life-changing spinal injury.
- Sports injuries. When sports teams fail to enforce rules, provide safety equipment, or are negligent in another way, they might be liable when a player suffers a preventable spinal cord injury.
- Medical malpractice. Surgical errors or hospital negligence can be causes of spinal injuries for which medical professionals or facilities should be responsible.
- Assault and battery. Violent crimes can cause spinal injuries, especially involving a gunshot, stab wound, or blunt force trauma to the back.
No matter what caused your injuries, always have our spinal cord injury attorneys review your legal rights and options.
Potential Effects of a Spinal Injury
Reinartz Law Firm has seen firsthand how spinal injury can profoundly affect an individual’s life, impacting their mobility, independence, and overall quality of life. The spinal cord is a crucial component of the central nervous system, serving as the main conduit for transmitting sensory and motor information between the brain and the rest of the body. When the spinal cord sustains damage, it can disrupt this communication, leading to various potential effects.
One of the most significant effects of a spinal injury is paralysis, which can affect different parts of the body depending on the location and severity of the injury. Paralysis of the legs, known as paraplegia, is a common outcome of spinal cord injuries in the lower back region. Paralysis of both the arms and legs, known as quadriplegia, can result from injuries higher up on the spinal cord.
In addition to paralysis, spinal injuries can lead to various other complications, including respiratory problems, loss of bladder and bowel control, and chronic pain. These issues can significantly impact an individual’s daily life, making it challenging to perform even basic tasks without assistance.
Beyond the physical effects, spinal injuries can also have emotional and psychological consequences. Dealing with a spinal injury can be a traumatic and isolating experience, leading to depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
A spinal injury can have a profound and long-lasting impact on an individual’s life, requiring significant medical intervention and ongoing support to manage its effects. Victims deserve full compensation for common workplace injuries or if someone else caused their injuries.
Reinartz Law Firm represents the interests of spinal cord injury victims and always fights for maximum compensation for current and future losses.
What to Do After Your Spinal Injury
A spinal injury can be a life-changing event, and you should take the right steps in the immediate aftermath to ensure the best physical and financial recovery.
Here are some things you can do after a spinal injury:
- Seek immediate medical attention: If you suspect that you or someone else has a spinal injury, call emergency services right away. Any delay in receiving medical attention can increase the risk of long-term damage.
- Follow medical advice: After a spinal injury, you may need to undergo surgery, take medication, or go through rehabilitation. Always follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to maximize your chances of recovery.
- Get emotional support: Dealing with a spinal injury can be a traumatic and isolating experience. Seek out emotional support from friends, family, or a mental health professional to help you cope with the emotional impact of your injury.
- Make lifestyle adjustments: Depending on the severity of your injury, you may need to make significant lifestyle adjustments to accommodate your new physical limitations. This may include modifying your home, finding new ways to work, and adjusting your hobbies and activities.
- Connect with support groups: There are many support groups available for people with spinal injuries, both in person and online. Connecting with others who have gone through similar experiences can provide a valuable source of information and emotional support.
By taking these steps, you can help ensure you receive the best possible care and support after a spinal injury and maximize your chances of recovery and quality of life.
You also need to consult with a New Jersey spinal cord injury attorney as soon as possible. If you cannot come into our office, the legal team of Reinartz Law Firm can come to you or arrange a video consultation.
Seeking Justice for Your Spinal Cord Injury
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, seeking justice may be an important step in your recovery process.
Here are some steps you can take to seek justice for your injury:
- Contact a spinal cord injury lawyer: A spinal cord injury lawyer can help you understand your legal options and determine if you have a case. They can also help you navigate the legal process and negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved.
- Gather evidence: To build a strong case, you will need evidence to support your claim. This may include medical records, witness statements, and any other documentation related to your injury. Your attorney can complete most of these tasks for you.
- File an insurance claim: If your lawyer determines you have a case, they can send a demand to the proper insurance companies seeking compensation for your losses. This often results in several rounds of settlement negotiations.
- File a lawsuit: If insurance negotiations fail, your attorney can help you file a lawsuit against the responsible party. This may include the person or entity that caused your injury, such as a negligent driver or a company that failed to provide a safe environment.
- Attend hearings and trials: If your case goes to trial, you will need to attend hearings and court dates to present your case and argue for compensation. Your lawyer will guide you through this process and provide support and guidance.
- Collect compensation: If your case succeeds, you should receive full compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your injury.
By seeking justice for your spinal cord injury, you can hold responsible parties accountable and obtain the financial support you need to recover and move forward with your life.
New Jersey Spinal Injury FAQs
Spinal cord injuries are traumatic and turn your life upside-down. It is no surprise that you likely have many questions. Below are some frequently asked questions from injury victims. To discuss your specific concerns and situation, reach out to Reinartz Law Firm directly.
How long will my injury claim take?
The length of time it takes to resolve a spinal injury claim can vary widely depending on the circumstances of the case. Some cases may settle quickly, while others may take several months or even years to resolve through negotiation or litigation.
Factors that can affect the length of a claim include the complexity of the case, the severity of the injury, the number of parties involved, and the willingness of the insurance company to settle. A spinal injury lawyer can provide a better estimate of the timeline for your specific case based on our experience and knowledge of the legal process.
I cannot work anymore. How will I pay an injury lawyer?
If you cannot work due to a spinal injury, paying for a personal injury lawyer may seem daunting. However, our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means we only receive payment if your case is successful. Our lawyer’s fee is typically a percentage of the compensation you receive, so you do not have to pay anything upfront.
Additionally, we always offer free consultations to discuss your case and determine if you have a viable claim. Be sure to discuss the fee structure with us to ensure that you understand the terms and costs involved.
Will my spinal injury case go to court?
Whether your spinal injury case goes to court will depend on a variety of factors. Many cases get resolved through settlement negotiations between your lawyer and the responsible party’s insurance company. However, if you cannot reach a fair settlement, your case may go to court.
The decision to go to court will ultimately depend on the strength of your case, the potential damages at stake, and the willingness of the insurance company to offer a fair settlement. We will provide guidance on whether to pursue a settlement or take your case to court based on the specific circumstances of your case.
Speak with Our New Jersey Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Today
If you need assistance following a serious spinal injury in New Jersey, look no further than Reinartz Law Firm.
We commit ourselves to helping people across the state, and we handle cases in the entire Bergen County area, including Hackensack, Teaneck, Fort Lee, Fair Lawn, Garfield, Englewood, Bergenfield, Paramus, Mahwah, Ridgewood, Lodi, Cliffside Park, Lyndhurst, Palisades Park, Elmwood Park, and Rutherford.
Case evaluations with our legal team are free of charge, with no obligation to hire our personal injury law firm in New Jersey or pursue a case. The best thing you can do to protect your legal rights and financial future is to contact Reinartz Law Firm at (201) 289-8614 as soon as possible.
"Richard Reinartz represented my husband and I in a personal injury case. He was very professional and did an excellent job. Richard made it very easy to communicate with him via email, phone, texts. His assistants are extremely helpful yet Richard even answers the phone himself when he could! .He is obviously well respected by the insurance companies and other attorneys. We feel very fortunate to have had him on our side."
"Great service, efficient communication and a really easy to reach for any help and support along the process. He was very proactive and anticipated all my concerns. Always having my best interest at heart and found the best outcome for me. I would definitely use Reinartz services again, and recommend them. Excellent customer service at Reinartz Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers! Thank you for the amazing support!"
"Richard Reinartz has been my lawyer since 2014 and has helped me out with a couple of workers compensation cases, a car accident and a family members personal injury. In my personal opinion he is a great lawyer, keeps you informed of how your case is going and which direction is going, he is aggressive with his abilities to get you the best possible outcome in the end, he is compassionate to your injury or the situation your are in to help you out. I would recommend my lawyer to anybody and I have."