The Reinartz Law Firm represents injured workers in Teaneck, NJ in a variety of workers' compensation claims. With decades of experience, we navigate the workers' compensation system while you focus on healing.
As workers' compensation lawyers, we are familiar with the available benefits under the NJ system, and we help injured workers obtain the benefits they deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation. Understand your rights under New Jersey's workers' compensation laws and find out if you have a potential claim.
Workers' Compensation in Teaneck, NJ
All employers in New Jersey are required by law to carry workers' compensation insurance for the benefit of their employees. This insurance is designed to provide immediate medical and disability benefits to employees who are injured on the job.
Workers' compensation is considered "no-fault" insurance, meaning you are provided coverage even if the incident which caused the injury was your fault. There are exceptions, such as being under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the injury, or where an employee intentionally causes an injury.
Injured workers may be entitled to the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits - workers' compensation pays the cost of medical treatment for injuries, including emergency room services, hospital costs, doctor's visits and other treatments.
- Lost Wages - When an injured worker cannot immediately return to work, workers' compensation may provide temporary disability to replace for lost wages.
Common Workplace Injuries in Teaneck
Workplace injuries can occur virtually anywhere. Construction sites, office buildings and parking lots are just a few of the places where injuries may arise. So long as an employee was injured within the scope of their employment, they may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits.
Some common injury scenarios include:
- Construction Accidents - Industrial accidents are common in New Jersey and pose one of the highest risks as workers are typically surrounded by heavy machinery, vehicles and other trades. This work often involves lifting heavy materials, which increases the risk of serious injury.
- Car and Truck Accidents - When a job involves driving, an injured employee is typically covered under workers' compensation. This can occur when driving your own vehicle or a company-owned vehicle.
- Fall Down Accidents - Slip and fall accidents can occur in any work environment and are commonplace. Injuries run the gamut from serious to moderate.
- Occupational Disease - Occupational disease refers to an injury that develops over time from prolonged exposure to a dangerous substance.
About Teaneck, NJ
Teaneck is home to about 42,000 residents and is the second-largest city in Bergen County. Teaneck lies at the junction of Route 80 and Interstate 95. It's home to large commercial development projects and has a large number of shopping centers culminating around "The Plaza."
It has a diverse population with a large number of Jewish and African American residents, and a growing number of Hispanic and Asian residents.
No Fee Unless You Recover Compensation
At The Reinartz Law Firm, we don't receive a fee unless you recover compensation. This means there is no financial risk to clients and you needn't worry about paying legal fees before your claim is concluded.
Call today to discuss your claim with a Teaneck workers' compensation lawyer.