If you're injured at work and either need medical care or missed work you may be eligible for workers' compensation under New Jersey law. These laws are intended to protect employees who are injured as part of their regular work duties regardless of fault.
They can help recover the costs of treating and recovering from your injuries and any lost wages as a result of missing work.
All employers in Cliffside Park with even a single employee are required under New Jersey law to provide workers' compensation insurance for their employees.
If you've been injured you should contact a workers' compensation lawyer to help you understand your rights under the law and to help advise you on the best way forward. Working with a workers' compensation lawyer can help expedite the claims process and assist in obtaining the maximum compensation possible.
Workers' Compensation Benefits in Cliffside Park
Workers' compensation benefits are designed to protect employees from the hardships of injuries sustained at work. These benefits include:
- Medical Treatment - Any costs associated with your injuries such as doctor visits, emergency costs, treatments, prescriptions, etc.
- Temporary Disability - Many injuries can prevent you from returning from work for some period of time. Workers' compensation can replace a portion of your wages should your injuries cause an extended time away from work.
Workplace Injuries in Cliffside Park
Some professions carry more risk than others, such as jobs in construction. However, injuries can be sustained anywhere a hazard exists with the most common being:
Do I Need a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
Not all injured workers will seek legal representation for their workers' compensation claims. There are resources available to help you understand what options are available to you provided by the state.
However, working with a Cliffside Park workers' compensation attorney can help:
- Ensure the proper documentation is filed correctly and on-time
- Negotiate with your employer and their insurance company
- Help navigate the workers' compensation laws and processes
- Help obtain maximum compensation
- Reduce the likelihood of a denied claim
- Deal with appeals if required
Get Help With Your Claim
We invite you to a free consultation to help you understand your rights and move forward with a potential claim. Call or complete the form to discuss your case with a lawyer.