Englewood is the sixth largest community in Bergen County, NJ. It currently has over 27,000 residents with a relatively high density and many employment opportunities.
If you have been injured performing your job duties at work you may be able to seek benefits through workers' compensation insurance provided by your employer.
What is Workers' Compensation?
Workers' compensation provides benefits to employees who are injured or become ill at work. In New Jersey employers with even a single employee are required to obtain workers' compensation insurance for their employees.
When an employee is injured at work they can claim benefits through this insurance program to help cover medical costs and lost wages.
What Benefits Does Workers' Compensation Cover?
The type and amount of compensation you can receive will vary on a case-by-case basis but, in general, workers' compensation can provide:
- Medical Expenses - medical expenses can range from emergency medical costs, hospital costs, doctor visits, surgeries, medications, and more.
- Lost Wages - Being injured can prevent you from performing your job duties for an extended period of time. Workers' compensation can help you recover a portion of lost wages caused by your injuries.
Workplace Injuries in Englewood
While high-risk professions may see more claims, workplace injuries can happen in any profession. If you've sustained injuries during your regular job duties you may be eligible for compensation.
Typical workplace injuries include:
- Back Injury - Injuries to the back due to lifting or exertion are fairly common.
- Slip & Fall Injuries - Also very common, slip & fall injures occur frequently and can happen anywhere.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries - Common in many industries these injuries can be serious as they develop over time.
- Orthopedic Injuries - Broken bones, muscle tears, and other orthopedic injuries are fairly common in the workplace.
How The Reinartz Law Firm Can Help
The workers' compensation process can be confusing and time-consuming for employees to handle on their own. The Reinartz Law Firm can help guide you through the process as a trusted advisor. We have decades of experience helping employees like you navigate the workers' compensation process and obtain the benefits they deserve.
We prepare all paperwork required to file a proper and timely claim. We will also negotiate with all involved insurance carriers and their lawyers to ensure you receive all appropriate benefits under the law.
Call us today for a free initial consultation to learn more.