The Reinarz Law Firm is proud to represent Paramus residents with workers' compensation claims for over a decade. If you've been injured on the job you may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
We invite you to call today and speak with a lawyer directly about your potential claim. We're available 24/7 to answer your questions.
Workers' Compensation in Paramus
Every employer in New Jersey is required by law to carry workers' compensation insurance for their employees. This insurance is in place to protect New Jersey workers in the event of an injury where they need medical attention and may be unable to return to work right away.
Workers' compensation benefits may include:
- Medical Costs - Any costs associated with your injury may be compensated for including emergency care, hospital stays, doctor visits, prescription drug costs, physical therapy, and more.
- Lost Wages - Many injuries can leave you unable to return to work right away and some can leave workers unable to return for long periods of time. You may receive compensation for any lost wages due to your injures up to a certain percentage.
Common Injuries in Workers' Compensation Cases
Workplace injures are extremely common in New Jersey from minor accidents to serious ones. While some industries pose more significant hazards a workplace injury can occur anywhere. The most commonly seen injuries include:
- Back Injuries - Back related injuries can happen in any workplace setting with the most typical involving lifting objects.
- Slip & Falls - Fall down accidents can happen anywhere and certainly in labor intensive workplace settings.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries - Any occupation with repeated tasks can lead to stress injuries.
Do You Need a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
Injured workers can submit the required claims by themselves on the NJDOL website. However, working with a workers' compensation lawyer can help you through the entire process. You'll have a trusted advocate on your side from the filing your claim, to negotiating with all parties involved such as legal teams and insurance companies, and you'll maximize your potential payout.
Call us today for a free consultation. You'll speak with an attorney about your case specifics and learn more about your options.